Menu
  • 153 W. Washington St. image
  • 153 W. Washington St. image
  • 153 W. Washington St. image
  • 153 W. Washington St. image
Click arrows for more photos

Project History

In the early 2000s, Marquette’s  downtown had a vacancy rate of nearly 70 percent. Prominently positioned on one of the City’s busiest intersections, the building at 153 W. Washington Street had served many purposes since its construction in 1936 — at first an A&P grocery, followed by a hardware store, then a stream of subsequent businesses until finally sitting empty and in disrepair.

Veridea recognized the exceptional location, purchased the property, and took steps to restore and highlight the Art Deco design of the building. Soon after, the building was fully leased to a mix of businesses. For its efforts in restoring 153 W. Washington, Veridea became the 2004 recipient of the Marquette Downtown Development Authority’s Façade Improvement Award.

 

View Next Project