This week, crews:
- Set the structural steel over the drive-thru
- Put up exterior metal studs on the north wall and west turret, which are what the masonry will eventually fasten to
- Laid block in elevator stairwell shaft on each end
Next week, crews will start pouring floor slabs in the interior of the building.
For more information regarding the Liberty Way development, view:
- The official Press Release
- The Liberty Way Fact Sheet
- A live camera to see construction progress
- The Veridea Group’s Liberty Way Development page
The Veridea Group, LLC, has begun developing a new high density mixed-use center at the former Sara Lee Bakery site at 857 West Washington Street in the City Center of Marquette. This three acre parcel hosted a commercial bakery for 70+ years, until finally closed and abandoned in 2009. The property and facilities sat vacant and in disrepair until being acquired by The Veridea Group in 2011.
Veridea’s plans call for the phased construction of approximately 130,000 square feet of space across three buildings. Phase I, the mBank Building, will house its namesake’s new regional banking facility as well as The Veridea Group office and a newly opened Myefski Architects office. Staybridge Suites, a 90-unit extended stay hotel, will anchor Phase II. Other Intended uses include retail, office/professional, residential, restaurant and entertainment. In order to achieve a high density urban use, a 170+ stall underground parking garage is also planned.
If you have questions regarding this project, or if you would like to inquire about available space, please contact Bethany Cody.Back to News